Hot, humid and unsettled weather will highlight the first half of the new work week in the Valley. Temperatures through Wednesday locally will top out in the upper 80s. The very warm temperatures coupled with dew points in the 70s, will bring the heat index up to the low 90s.
With a very moist and unstable airmass in place, chances for a gusty afternoon thunderstorm will be there each day as well. Severe thunderstorms are not likely on Monday, but storms on Tuesday could get rambunctious.
A strong cold front will approach and cross the region Wednesday. This will bring our highest chances of the week for strong to severe thunderstorms. Those storms will usher in cooler temperatures and much less humid air for Thursday and Friday.
SEVERE WEATHER OUTLOOK
- Monday: Severe thunderstorms are not expected
- Tuesday: An Isolated strong/severe thunderstorm is possible
- Wednesday: Scattered severe thunderstorms are possible
- Thursday: Severe thunderstorms are not expected
- Friday: Severe thunderstorms are not expected