TuscWeather now has a mobile app you can add to your phone, tablet, or other mobile devices. It works the same as any app but the installation process is a little different than what you’re used to. You don’t have to visit the App Store or Google Play and go through the regular process to download and install our app. Most mobile devices will install our app with no hassle, no sign in, and no fee. And, once it’s installed, you can even access most features when you’re offline or out of network range.
This is the same Progressive Web technology used by a number of leading internet companies including Twitter, Trivago, Starbucks, Pinterest, and Uber, to name a few.
ADD TO HOME SCREEN PROMPT
- Whether you’re using a phone or a tablet, simply open your device’s web browser and visit TuscWeather.net.
- Your screen should show an “Add to Homescreen” prompt when the page loads.
- Simply tap the prompt and TuscWeather will be installed on your phone as a web app and our icon will be added to your home screen.
- You’re done. Close your browser and return to your home screen. Tap the TuscWeather icon to start the app,
If by chance the “Add to Homescreen” prompt does not display on your browser (iOS Safari browser is more likely to have a problem), simply follow the instructions for your device platform below:
- Open your Chrome web browser (or ANY installed web browser)
- Visit TuscWeather.net
- Tap the MENU icon (3 dots, upper right)
- Tap “Add to Home Screen”
- You’re done. The necessary files will be downloaded and the TuscWeather icon is placed on your home screen. Close your browser, navigate to your home screen, then tap the TuscWeather icon to launch the app.
- Open the Safari web browser
- Visit TuscWeather.net
- Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu
- Select “Add to Home Screen” icon option
- Tap the “Add” option in the right-hand upper corner of the “add” window
- You’re done. The necessary files will be downloaded and the TuscWeather icon is placed on your home screen. Close Safari, navigate to your home screen, then tap the TuscWeather icon to launch the app.
I’ll be working on the app continuously in the coming weeks and changes/improvements will be included as I develop them. You will not be bothered to upgrade, however. Any changes will be automatically added to your app as I complete and add them.
NOTE: The app does not offer National Weather Service weather alerts. We may at some point include this feature but for now, there are plenty of apps that offer this service. I highly recommend the FEMA app. IT’s free and available on Google Play and the App Store. It has the option of including up to 5 counties, which is perfect for folks who live or work near our neighboring counties. I’ve used this app for several years and it has never failed or given me false alerts.
Thank you for using the TuscWeather app. As always, your suggestions and feedback are welcome. If you like having a local weather information resource and the TuscWeather App fits your needs, please tell your family, friends, and colleagues about our app.
Thank you for choosing TuscWeather. I sincerely appreciate your support.
PS. Unlike a number of stock weather apps, factory-installed weather apps, OS installed weather apps, and national weather apps, TUSCWEATHER DOES NOT TRACK YOUR LOCATION, TRACE YOUR TRAVELS OR COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM YOUR DEVICE, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY USER DATA AVAILABLE TO OUTSIDE INTERESTS. WE DO NOT COLLECT AND SELL ANY USER DATA TO ANY BUSINESS OR ADVERTISING CONCERNS.