Here is a quick update to get everyone up to speed with the latest information regarding the heavy rain and flooding in the Tuscarawas Valley area:
The NWS FLOOD WARNING has been extended until 2:45 PM this afternoon for Harrison, Jefferson, Guernsey, Coshocton, Belmont, Tuscarawas; An additional 1/2 inch of rainfall is expected through this morning adding to the 2 inches that has fallen. TURN AROUND DON’T DROWN.
Moderate Flood Stage at Stillwater Creek at Uhrichsville is forecast. Those living and travelling in the area will need to take precautions. Roads may be closed in flooded areas.
The Tuscarawas River at New Philadelphia:
TUSC COUNTY EMA: AREA ROADS IMPACTED BY FLOODING
– SR 212 between Sherrodsville and Leavittsville
– 77 Northbound exit at New Philadelphia
– Wabash Avenue near Quaker Stadium
– Winklepleck Road near Sugarcreek
– Intersection of Maple Drive and Belden Parkway in Sugarcreek
– Sandy Ridge Road
– State Route 36 near Route 416
– Intersection of Steel Hill Road and Truss Road
At this time, High Water signs have been put up near these locations. We continue to encourage people to not drive through flooded roadways as the water may be deep enough to strand cars.
AREA RAIN TOTALS
Here are the area rain totals 8:00 AM Thursday, Feb 15 to 8:00 AM Friday Feb 16:
Mostly light rain will occur through the rest of the morning with rain ending by mid day. Hi-res FutureCast radar through 1:00 AM Saturday:
TURN AROUND DON’T DROWN